A Campaign Manager reports to their Immediate Supervisor, in this case a Team Lead. In the organization they are part of the sub unit Media Operations, under the Media Technology Management & Operations unit.
This unit’s involvement can be categorized across three levels of Media operations:
- With every client engagement, comes a need to address. Hence, answering a brief on how best to meet campaign objectives. This brief is answered by the Media Operations Unit by putting together a strong media & channels plan to best address the client’s KPIs/objectives given the workable budgets.
- If KPIs are not set, KPIs are set by this unit as well.
- Campaign Activation
- On approval of the plan, campaign is rolled out according to plan and flight for the purpose of meeting the agreed objectives and KPIs.
- This segment of the job is further categorized into two phases: set up and optimization; Strength of optimization is measured against two factors: Cost Efficiency, and, Agility to Adapt on Opportunity.
- Post Campaign Analysis
- At the end of each campaign, the unit provides a performance report showing how the campaign performed against its goals given the amount of time and budgets.
- Insights and recommendations on channels are also made available on this report as a reference point for future learnings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Client Success Teams to understand the client requirements, and therefore plan and execute accordingly
- Liaising with partner publisher for campaign requirements/objectives;
- Ensures correct KPIs are set and, carries out delivery of these KPIs through the best optimization techniques possible.
- Regular monitoring of campaign budgets and spend pacing; with subsequent optimization of placements with the goal of meeting campaign KPIs and exhaustion of budgets
- Keeping abreast in new developments from the various ad platforms actively used in digital media planning and/or buying
- Collaborate with strategic planning of campaigns, or, ad hoc workshops, internal or external; e.g. Go-To-Market Strategies for big campaigns, Quarterly business reviews, Year-end media reviews, et. al.
- Accommodate and accomplish side projects/task force assigned for team development from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Advertising, Marketing, Business, Communications & Research or Statistics
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Digital Marketing and Data Analytics