The Software Development Head will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the people, resources, and processes required to deliver new software or upgrade existing products; managing projects through completion; analyzing, designing and developing software enhancements and new modules; and managing development projects from initial design through testing, while providing strategic management direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall software development by prioritizing, planning, and tracking project progress.
- Designs, develops, and modifies programs, including prototypes as needed.
- Researches software development options and provides analysis for development direction.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include them into project objectives. To plan and support product development and to ensure successful implementation of strategy to internal departments.
- Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is aligned with the company strategy and that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- To oversee strategy for both products and bespoke code base platform definition and implementation.
- Leads and manages a team of software developers, supporting them in building industry-leading, robust and innovative software and applications solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Evaluates employee performance, sets expectations and goals for the department and individual staff members, recruits, disciplines, and trains staff.
- Ensures comprehensive turnover of developed products and solutions to support team.
- Adheres to software development best practices
- Creates related technical documentation.